5G Network Planning—Capacity, Performance, Wireline Competitiveness
This Rysavy Research report analyzes network planning, capacity, and performance of wireline and wireless technologies, including 4G, 5G (mid-band spectrum and mmWave), cable (DOCSIS), cable in the future, and fiber. The report includes:
- Up-to-date performance information
- Mid-band spectrum and mmWave
- Capacity modeling based on Gbps/sq. km
- A discussion of all pertinent variables such as site density and spectral efficiency
- The equations to calculate capacity
- A quantitative comparison of wireless vs. wired networks
- An Excel spreadsheet that performs the calculations and provides the ability to enter alternate assumptions, such as amount of spectrum available
See Table of Contents, Table of Figures, and Table of Tables here.
Single user license, 5G Network Planning.
Broadband Disruption: How 5G Will Reshape the Competitive Landscape.
The second edition of this report, November 2018, which takes into account 5G market developments over the past year, adds 5G deployment costs and business models, and now analyzes 5G in both mmWave and mid-band spectrum, is now available from Datacomm Research here.