Rysavy Research is a consulting firm that can help you make sound technology decisions by analyzing market directions, technology evolution, and competitive technologies. We engage in projects ranging from half a day to many months. Consulting rates are based either on an hourly or project basis, and are competitive.
Rysavy Research draws on the following resources:
- More than twenty-five years of experience in the wireless industry
- Close association with experts in related technology areas
- Contacts, many high level, in hundreds of high technology companies
- Engineering management experience in both small and large companies
- Technology expertise in software, hardware and data communications
Press Mentions of Peter Rysavy and Rysavy Research:
- Peter Rysavy listed by Informa as one of the 100 most influential people in 5G for 2020 (Informa details here.)
- Want High-Speed Internet? These 5 States Don’t Make It Easy
- Block the Pentagon’s 5G Power Play (… some experts …)
- The FCC’s work on light-touch regulation and spectrum allocation continues to enable the internet and technologies of the future
- To reach the full potential of 5G, continue to embrace free markets
- Big Carriers Blasted for 5G Speeds: ‘Compare Yourself to Other Countries’
- Dish picks Nokia for containerized 5G SA core
- Finding solutions for rural broadband and digital inclusion
- 5G Americas & Rysavy Research White Paper Details the Growth and Impact of 5G Technology
- Verizon expected to go big in CBRS 3.5GHz auction
- Release 16 for 5G will address integrated access backhaul
- Ready for 5G? Samsung’s new flagship phones are equipped
- 5G deployment stands ready to supercharge the Internet of Things
- 5G to underpin new digital ecosystem in 2020.
- 5G Americas Report Explores 5G’s Present and Future.
- For 5G, Panelists Favor Limiting Local Control over Rights-of-Way and Not Reinstating Net Neutrality Rules
- 5G will ‘eventually’ tap 10x more spectrum than LTE, report says.
- Prioritization: Moving past prejudice to make internet policy based on fact.
- Paid Prioritization On the Hill.
- House Tech Panel Hears Testimony on Paid Prioritization.
- Rural Areas Feeling Left Behind in Race to Expand Broadband.
- FCC’s plan to toss net neutrality is a win for 5G: Analyst.
- Channel Partners: Net Neutrality’s Demise and the Channel: Win, Lose or Draw?
- Inside Sources. Will Rollback of Internet Regulations Help Expand Rural Broadband?
- RCR Wireless. Which 5G path leads to robust growth for mobile operators?
- Fierce Wireless. 5G: A Look at the Business Models.
- RCRWireless. Transitioning to a 5G World.
- AEI. Does strong competition mean wireless could surpass wired broadband in the near future?
- IoT Institute. Bell’s LTE-M IoT Network Sets Stage for Low-Cost Service in Canada.
- Pipeline. Optimizing Network Performance for LTE and Beyond.
Analyst Available for Financial Firms:
Wireless Expert for Litigation:
Peter Rysavy has worked on numerous patent litigation projects. Peter has written expert reports for both patent and non-patent cases, and has testimony experience. See this short video about his expert work in litigation.
Contact us for a CV with more details.
Wireless Technology Decisions:
We have helped numerous organizations make complex decisions on what wireless technology or application architecture to use to address specific problems.
Spectrum and Capacity Analysis:
We have sophisticated models for analyzing spectrum requirements relative to usage. We have analyzed and published on the spectral efficiency of many wireless technologies. We also assess optimal paths for spectrum sharing.
We work closely with an engineering firm that has deep mobile engineering capabilities. Rysavy Research reports are objective and credible.
Peter Rysavy Bio:
Peter Rysavy is the president of Rysavy Research LLC, a consulting firm that has specialized in wireless technology since 1993. Projects include analysis of spectrum requirements for mobile broadband, reports on the evolution of wireless technology, evaluation of wireless technology capabilities, strategic consultations, system design, articles, courses and webcasts, network performance measurement, test reports, and acting as expert in patent-litigation cases. Clients include more than 75 organizations.
Peter is a broadly published expert on the capabilities and evolution of wireless technology. He has written more than 160 articles, reports, columns, and white papers, and has taught more than 40 public wireless courses and webcasts. He has also performed technical evaluations of many wireless technologies including cellular-data services, municipal/mesh Wi-Fi networks, Wi-Fi hotspot networks, mobile browser technologies, wireless e-mail systems, and social networking applications.
From 1988 to 1993, Peter was vice-president of engineering and technology at Traveling Software (later renamed LapLink) where projects included LapLink, LapLink Wireless, and connectivity solutions for a wide variety of mobile platforms. Prior to Traveling Software, he spent seven years at Fluke Corporation where he worked on data-acquisition products and touch-screen technology. He also worked at Time Office Computers in Australia in 1982 and 1983.
From 2000 to 2016, Peter was the executive director of the Wireless Technology Association (WTA, http://www.wirelesstechnologyassociation.org/), an industry organization that evaluates wireless technologies, investigates mobile communications architectures, and promotes wireless-data interoperability.
Peter Rysavy graduated with BSEE and MSEE degrees from Stanford University in 1979.